Saturday, October 17, 2009

Turning 5

I know it has been forever since I last blogged. Sorry about that. There isn't a really good reason for it--I have no intention of just letting my blog go--but life got super busy once school started and something had to get set the back burner for awhile. This will be the first of many short catch up posts. At least that is my intent at the moment! LOL--but if life gets ultra busy again you will know it by my lack of posting :) Anyhow, I wanted to put out a few photos from Blake's 5th birthday. As I am sure you can tell it was a pirate themed party! Blake was super excited to do "good pirate stuff" for his birthday so Marc and I had a good time thinking up "good pirate stuff" to do. First off we dressed our boys and guests up in some fun pirate gear. (Thank goodness for Blake's birthday being around Halloween. The dollar store had these hat/sword, eye patch combo sets).

They read pirate stories, learned pirate songs, went on a treasure hunt, had a water balloon cannon fight, punch balloon war, played pin the treasure on the map, and fought off attacking buccaneers (Me and Marc :) ) hopefully a good time was had by all. We were sorry to miss some friends due to swine and stomach flues, however, we're glad everyone is on the mend and we haven't gotten these bugs yet! (knock on wood).
On to more photos:
Pirate stories and songs:
Water Balloons:
Tough pirates:
Pin the treasure chest on the map:
I wanted to make a pirate cake, however Blake wanted strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting; so we compromised, strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting, in gold liners. :)
Gotta love a boy who still gets excited about getting clothes as well as Legos!
and treasure hunting: Thanks for stopping by, and hopefully this is the end of my blogging break :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time, Ginger, and I am sure you'll have some fabulous layouts to show us soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! You're such a fun mom and I love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun! I'm sorry we missed his birthday! :( We are not so good at remembering. I'm glad to see that he had a fun birthday. When is Ty's birthday? I know it is coming up soon so we will have to talk or email soon so we don't forget it, too.

    ReplyDelete