Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cricut Chevrons, and Hexagons, and Baby Stuff Too!

**Update--This project is back after being published in the 2013 Cricut Babies Idea Book . If you can't see the card images try refreshing your browser.**

Over the weekend I made a fun discovery. I was glancing through the Letter Envy Cricut Cartridge looking for a cut to catch my eye and inspire some cards I wanted to make, and I found both chevron and hexagon background cuts! Yeah! I've wanted more options for these shapes and  I just fell in love with these two cuts on this cartridge!

I used them as background for these two baby cards.





On the front of these cards I used some clothing cuts from the Baby Steps Cartridge. The ribbon is by American Crafts and the baker's twine by Queen and Company.
I actually decorated the inside of my cards this time as well. The booties are a continuation of the dress cut on the front, and the sentiment is from the Creative Memories Stork's Delivery Cartridge. 





All of the patterned papers for these cards comes from the Cricut Imagine Elsie Cartridge. I flood filled the images from the Baby Steps and Stork's Delivery Cartridges and cut them on my Cricut Imagine. I love how easy the Imagine makes designing Cricut cuts! So fast and simple!

I cut the chevron and hexagon patterns out on my Cricut Mini. I wielded a plain matching shape from Letter Envy to the intricate cuts to make the card base with my Gypsy. I love how well the Cricut Mini handled the tiny intricate cuts from these patterns. The Mini really is a great machine!

More cuts from Baby Steps and Stork's Delivery for this inside of the boy version as well.


Thanks for letting me share!

15 comments:

  1. Adorable! I need to look over my cartridges again and get to work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, Ginger!!! I had no idea those cuts on were on that cart! Thank you for this post!!! Now, I have to go play!

    Your cards are adorable!! I love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!!! These are so adorable!!! I miss your creativity, Ginger! I hope you post more on the MB! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving us the scoop on that cartridge! I have it and did not notice that chevrons and hexagons were on there!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so inspired by your cards that I was going to do the Hexagon (honeycomb) shape for a card but the handbook and DS show a small area at the bottom where there are no cuts. Yours shows the pattern all the way to the bottom of the card. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Scooting Granny,

    If you look at the layers for that cut, you will see a small matching row of hexagons. I took those and layered them on top of the larger cut on my gypsy so that all the hexagons would cut out. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these cards, hmmm, now maybe I need that cartridge just for those two cuts
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! I need a baby girl card and I would love to try something like this! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super charming - and wonderful use of Letter Envy! Thank you for sharing - they are right on trend for color and style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome cards! Love this cartridge BUT cant seem to find it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome baby cards! I'm looking for nice designed card for my best friend's baby shower!!
    I want to try to make these!! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the look of the backrounds. Those cards are so sweet looking. Thank you sharing because I have only used it twice. I have to take a second look at Letter Envy.

    ReplyDelete