Monday, August 12, 2013

Lego Aces High

Aces High is a computer flight simulator that the males in my extended family find quite fun. They like to fly together as a group, reenacting flight missions from WWII. Over the past couple of years my boys have become old enough to participate and enjoy the male bonding that goes on during these missions. After the most recent gathering with their grandpa, Blake decided to immortalize their fun in a Lego rendition of his favorite parts of the simulation. He created an airplane, tank, and ground gunner. All his own designs!


I used the Echo Park "All About A Boy" line for this layout. I cut out the airplane and tank using my Cricut and the Art Deco and Boys Will Be Boys cartridges. The title was done with my Silhouette Portrait using the font airstream, and an alphabet from Kerri Bradford Studio--Weathered Door. Some Queen and Co Washi Tape, some Cuttlebug embossing, and some small punched airplanes (Creative Memories) finishes off the layout. 

The journaling reads: "Blake you love to “fly” with grandpa when you do Aces High together on the computer. One day you decided to build a Lego version of your favorite part of the simulator. You designed your own airplane, tank, and ground gunner. I was blown away by your creativity and ability to turn what you did with grandpa into a Lego creation. I love your creativity Blake! Fall 2012"

Have a happy Monday everyone!


1 comment: